Keep in touch with your customers so that they think of you when they are ready to buy.
- Define your newsletter objectives
- Segment your database to maximise your newsletter content relevance and value.
Use your website to capture the names of potential customers and build your prospect database.
- Keep the design simple.
Consider just sending typed content (a 'news letter').
Note that designs elements may be lost in e-mail filters.
- How should you send your newsletter?
- What sort of content should you publish?
Keep important content ‘above the fold’
Decide if you are going to employ a copywriter or write your own copy.
If you are stuck for ideas then Aviva can help. Review the Aviva Broker Newsletter ‘The Loop’ or our press material which can provide valuable inspiration.
- Spend time and effort on your subject line.
- Make sure the headlines, sub-heads and images grab and hold the audience's attention.
- Include a response/enquiry/sales link.
- Include a ‘forward to a friend’ button.
- How should you sign off?
- How often should you send the newsletter?
- Monitor the success of your newsletter
Archiving your newsletters will help with search engine optimisation (SEO)