To understand Google AdWords' effectiveness, it’s important to understand what it is
Google Adwords (also known as Pay Per Click - PPC) advertising is a form of online advertising that targets specific words searched for on Google that will bring up an advert of your company as a top option to click on. You’ll then pay Google for every click on that advert.
Should I be using AdWords/PPC then?
If you’re looking for a short term influx of leads it can be very effective. Try testing the PPC marketing tool to see if it’ll be cost effective for you. Begin by using AdWords to generate leads from your local area; this is where you are likely to get the best results.
Why should I invest my time in a test?
- Increase your AdWords Return on Investment (ROI). Testing may seem like unnecessary effort but done properly it could increase your AdWords ROI considerably.
- Testing costs are minimal. If this is your first AdWords account, search on Google for special trial incentives.
- You can quickly learn how to use it effectively. Google is a great teacher and you might find their online guide on how to use AdWords very useful.
- Only a minority of brokers use AdWords. This means that there could be little competition in your local market.
What are the other benefits of AdWords?
- Credibility and trust – having your business appear at the top of Google listings can be reassuring to a target audience seeking out local insurance solutions.
What about the negatives?
- A high Google search ranking isn’t always guaranteed – a paid ad can make sure you appear ahead of the competition regardless of your natural search ranking.
So can I forget about search engine optimisation (SEO)?
No - SEO needs to be a key part of your marketing strategy and can be very cost effective if you invest enough time and energy into it. Watch our SEO webinar to find out more.
So to conclude, AdWords and SEO can both be cost effective ways of generating new business leads, it's just a matter of finding out what works best for your business.
Create/split-test localised pay-per-click/Adwords for Google