Here are just a few of the many good reasons for doing this:
- It's a legal requirement: under the Equality Act 2010.
- It’s a big market: There are 14.1 million disabled people in the UK (19% working age; 45% pension age). Disabled people and their families have a spending power of £274 billion per year.
- This audience is very active online: Inaccessible brands suffer reputational damage. Accessible brands get positively endorsed.
- And morally, of course, it’s the right thing to do.
How we can help you to be make what you publish more accessible
- Please download and run through the concise PowerPoint guide shown below, to understand what you need to do.
- And as a valuable double-check, print and tick off the relevant 1pp checklist, further down the page. Thank you
1. Your quick guide
2. Your three accessibility checklists